Ex Libris User group North America (ELUNA) 2018 conference was held at Spokane, WA during May 1st to May 5th, 2018. here are some takeaways from me.
The conference was well organized, in addition to a nice conference program booklet, all presentation slides are made available to attendee in Sched; it was well attended, this is the first time more than 1000+ people attended the conference. It is a friendly and enthusiastic community, no matter whom you met, whether they are in the process of migration, a newly migrated customers, or an experienced users, everyone is willing to help, to share tips and tricks, to provide suggestions, and to voice concerns.
Useful and amazing sessions I attended during the conferences:
Exlibris product updates:
- Primo VE: see the benefits of streamlining Primo and Alma
- Extending your library with the Alma Open Platform: Developer API
How things are done at other libraries:
- New Book Showcases via Primo / University of Manitoba
- Implementing new books location and a new items list / Univ. of Minnesota Duluth
- Alma integration: connecting other systems / Williams College
- SpringShare suite integration
Technical tips and tricks:
- Alma Fulfillment configurations
- Target messages using Alma letters and notifications / Oregon State University
- Intermediate analytics and reports functions and examples
- Julie, Calida, Erin and I met Travis from ETSU, to learn about how ETSU manages digital databases and E- resources in Alma, and generate and maintain libguides database A-Z list using Alma records.
- Our Alma implementation team met with Rice Alma implementation team, exchange ideas on migrating to Alma from SirsiDynix Symphony
- Bluegrass user group and Tennessee Alma users met at Eluna
Links to conference documents:
Presentation slides for customer presentations will be posted to the ELUNA Document Repository as soon as is possible. Likewise, Ex Libris will be posting slidedecks from its staff presentations to the Knowledge Center soon.