Did you know? Teams has made some improvements to the meetings interface, including:
- Meetings open in a separate Teams window
- Meeting controls are in a more convenient location
- A new “large gallery” view is available so you can see up to 49 people at once
- …and more!
But…for now, these improvements won’t be pushed to you automatically — you have to opt in to try them out. Steps to enabling the “new meeting experience” on your desktop client:
- Select your profile pic at the top of the Teams app, then Settings > General. (General should be what’s showing when you open Settings, so you probably won’t have to select it.)
- Select Turn on new meeting experience.
- Restart Teams by doing the following:
- Right-click or Cmd-click the Teams icon in the Windows task bar or Mac System Tray.
- Select Quit.
- Start Teams again like you normally would.
Check out more details in this post from Microsoft. As always, contact LTDS via Inform if you have any questions!