LTDS will continue to provide remote support for staff, wherever they are working. LTDS team members may utilize available tools including Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, and Remote Desktop.
Ways to contact LTDS
- Microsoft Teams
- Vanderbilt Libraries Team – LTDS Support channel
- Private Chat
- Skype for Business
Helpful links from LTDS, VUIT, and other sites
Tools and Tutorials
- Installing Office 365 [NEW 3/24/2020]
- Setting up call forwarding or simultaneous ring in Skype for Business [NEW 3/17/2020]
- STATA and SPSS Access [NEW 3/17/2020]
- Mapping network shares and drives
- Microsoft Online Login (Office 365)
- Microsoft Teams tutorials
- Zoom for Vanderbilt (log in with your VUnetID)
- MyVU for current news & updates
- Coronavirus information from the university
- Coronavirus information from HR
- Remote Work Information from the university
- Telecommuting and Remote Work Information from VUIT
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with MS Office, Teams, and other applications via the web?
Login into https://login.microsoftonline.com with your Vanderbilt email address and password.
Do I need to be on the VPN if I only use the catalog, ejournals, and databases?
No, access to these resources are not managed through the VPN.
Is the VPN required to access Alma?
No, Alma can be accessed directly through a web browser.
Is the VPN required to access the ILLiad client?
Yes, the ILLiad webpages can be accessed without the VPN, however, the client requires a VPN connection to connect to the ILLiad server.
What platform should I use for a meeting?
Teams will accommodate a team of up to 50 attendees from the university.
Zoom is used for large meetings and accommodates attendees from outside the university.
How do I access my Shared Exchange Mailbox (SEM) via the web?
See this blog post for details on how to access your SEMs.
How do I schedule a Microsoft Teams meeting?
See the instructions available at Microsoft